Thursday, July 10, 2008

Youthful Cholesterol screening

I found this article this morning and almost couldn't believe what I was reading. They mention cholesterol screenings for children as early at age 2 (with a family history), as well as, a weight loss regimen if necessary. My immediate thought is that at age 2 they have no choice of what they eat. It is the responsibility of parents to ensure their children are eating healthy. I believe that parents should start with themselves, if there is an issue with cholesterol and or weight. Then by default they would begin to influence their children. I have not done extensive research on this, but I have talked with a few females who have started going to Weight Watchers and their husbands starting losing weight as well. This rub-off effect should work in much the same way for children. Culminating point for parents: Take care of yourself so that inadvertently and consequently you will take care of those around you. Do it for your family no one else will.

No comments: