Saturday, July 12, 2008

Flip-Flops can destroy...

I have tried to tell my wife about this for a while, but she is morally opposed to wearing real shoes. Fortunately, in this months Runner's World they rated different types of flip-flops and actually suggested certain ones. The main idea seems to be that they have some sort of structure or form much like a regular shoe. So if you are like my wife and you have to wear flip-flops check it out or just make sure the cheap dollar flip-flops are not your "go to" option. Instead, find flip-flops that will help walking form and not cause harm to your body from the foot up. This will be my goal: convince my wife to purchase flip-flops that are better for her and actually enjoy wearing them. To further understand my wife's aversion to "real" shoes here are her musings upon the subject.

2 comments:

G said...

I am morally opposed to "real" shoes. They make my feet feel manipulated, and I don't like to be manipulated. I'm not opposed to new (and better) flip flops though.

Carey said...

Dude... I want to see the article when I come visit the painting party later today. I need new/better flip flops (the birks are the only super supportive FFs I have). Glad you joined the blog club! :)