Thursday, July 17, 2008

An old dog...can learn to juggle...

According to this article if you want to learn to juggle when you get to the age of 50 or 60 it shouldn't be a problem...for most. Amazingly this article claims you can still learn things when you near retirement age. I would have never guessed that there wasn't a certain age, most likely coinciding with retirement, that a person just goes stupid.

Obviously, I jest, but in my opinion this study doesn't tell anyone anything they did not already know about aging. They do state that it takes longer to learn things with age, but that most of the neural changes that occur in younger people also occur in older people. Basically, if you have the mental fortitude to stick with it you will prevail in your task given enough time. Unfortunately, as a person ages the less time they have. I know some day I will be there, but I hope I am able to approach things humbly and humorously, the way I hope people are taking this post.

No comments: