Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Don't eat, live forever...

So my title is a bit misleading, but this article suggests that the less you eat the longer you will live. Researchers at St. Louis University state that consuming 300 to 500 fewer calories a day could extend your life. Eventually as a this idea is extrapolated out it can be put into the context of eat dessert, die young; don't eat dessert live longer. This thought begs the question; do want satisfaction now or later. If you can wait for satisfaction you can also live longer. Personally I am kind of middle of the road. I like my sweets, but I also try to eat them sparingly, which, I guess implies I won't live a long or short life. Middle of the road baby! I figure it is not life if you can't have a little fun along the way. One last thought: The study says nothing about quality of life; just because you live longer doesn't mean you will live better.

1 comment:

G said...

"I like my sweets, but I also try to eat them sparingly"

Define "sparingly" :)