Thursday, July 24, 2008

Running on the trail...

This post by my significant other made me start thinking about my experience on the trail. In particular I can attest to her comment "People...notice courteous bikers." I appreciate it when a biker announces their presence as they are passing. This helps avoid the awkward chills running down my spine as I hear the hum of tires pass by. Along with announcing presence in passing is beginning to make "friends" with people on the trail. There are many times that I pass people on the trail that I don't know, but we exchange some sort of recognition of one another. It kind of makes a person feel at home when they are out on the trail and pass someone they have recognized for a while. Not only at home, but it makes a person want to run a little faster because you don't want to let them down, especially by walking.

On a different subject, I don't notice as many bugs as G does, but I can attest to the unwanted addition to protein for the day. One other thing I have experienced with the bugs is getting one in the eye. Usually, it is just a small gnat, but if it hits just right it can be a show-stopper for a minute or two.

No comments: