Monday, June 15, 2009

Sleepy repercussions...

I was able to go on a long run this morning (just under 8 miles). Not because I had an over abundance of sleep last night, rather, I was able to use some of the extra "residual" sleep I gained over the weekend. B-Town isn't sleeping too bad, but this lack of sleep is definitely putting a dent in the glamorous attitude I have during the day. It seems a little odd to me, but I actually do and feel better if I get a workout in, in the morning. Some how it readjusts/fine-tunes my attitude and actually gives me more energy throughout the day.

From the very beginning I have been helping G by changing diapers before she feeds. I see this as me helping out while still allowing me to be a productive employee. I understand that G carries the greater burden by staying up and feeding, but her being at home during the day really helps her handle this better (I believe). Finding a balance between the two is sometimes hard for me as being awoken in the middle of the night can lead me to be an insta-grouch. So, as soon as I wake I in a foul mood and am thinking why hasn't G gotten up yet to take care of B-Town. I know, and I hope G knows, that this is only because it is in the middle of the night and I am not fully awake. If it is during the day, or closer to time to wake-up, I am in a much more amiable mood.

Working out in the morning allows me take whatever happened overnight and take out that potential frustration into something productive. If I did not do this I am sure I would not be nearly as nice of a person that I would like to be. It all boils down to attitude, and for me apparently, what time during the day or night I interact with you.

No comments: