Sunday, June 14, 2009

Busy Day/Week...

This week will be kind of busy, but especially today. We have laundry intermixed with fixing meals and getting things ready for our trip. We are planning a trip to the Ozark Mountains so that I can get some mountain training in. The "hills" here in central Illinois just aren't cutting it. Okay, so me getting hill training isn't the main reason we are going to the Ozark Mountains, but I am looking forward to the side benefits of getting to tackle hills to the like you would never see here.

We are actually going to see family and introduce B-Town to his Great-Grandparents, as well as, have a shower and enjoy some "real" Mexican food. The Mexican food is one thing G has missed immensely since leaving the area. I am convinced it is her form of comfort food.

This will be our first big trip with B-Town. This makes me nervous about how he will do in the car for an extended period of time. Personally, I compare it to the short 10 to 15 minute car rides around town and think "oh he'll do fine." Like our trips in town are comparable to 6 hours on the road. Some how I don't think they will be comparable at all, but I remain hesitantly optimistic.

As is usually the case whenever I travel, I try to pick out routes that I can run at my destination and, if need be, utilize Map My Run to make my own routes. I usually end up doing the same route once or twice while there and probably need to branch out a little and switch my route. My main route has an ascent/descent of 476 feet, which, will be good for one or two runs, but would kill me if I tried more than that.

Another thing I do when I travel is look for races that will be in the area around the time we will be there. The only races I found would be in Spgfld on a Saturday morning when we will probably be wanting to finish the trip down to her parents. This makes it a plausible idea for me, but realistically, it probably isn't meant to be. Since we will be near her parents during the week, I just confirmed there were no races during the week, which, there hardly ever are (in case you were wondering) and called it good.

It will be a nice week off of work visiting family and running hills

No comments: