Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Running and irregularity…

No. Not that kind of regularity my fiber intake is just fine. Lately, I have had a couple of nights in the hospital due to an uncooperative unborn child. I have somewhat considered this a litmus test of what it is going to be like when the baby is finally here. It wasn’t easy, but I think I have everything figured out (I don’t have a freakin clue what it will be like).

Sleep is paramount, but running is just below that. Of course, I see this as a means to be a better father. Running for me is personal. I know I am being selfish every time I head out that door, but the ramifications of the benefits on the rest of my life are even greater. Running allows me to relax, when I need it and challenge myself when I need that as well. It is my drug of choice that gives me what I need when I need it.

I run/workout in the mornings before I go to work, which, I know will be difficult after the baby arrives, but I have changed to mornings instead of nights allowing myself more time with the baby after work. As is prevalent, I know this blog will suffer, but then again I never really had a big audience, so, most people probably won’t notice much and I am okay with that.

Well, that’s all I have tonight.

No comments: