Monday, March 2, 2009

Spring Shave...

The first day of spring is a little over two weeks away, but I am already feeling the warmth invigorating me. As a gesture to the weather I thought I would take the first step in believing that it will turn from its cold ways. As you can see I decided to shave my beard. I did this over the weekend and when I went to work today most everyone noticed, commented, and asked why I decided to cut it off. Well, of course I told them. It's getting warm outside. They promptly looked at me like I was crazy. I guess it could have been the snow that was falling that threw them off today. Luckily, we did not get anything near what they did on the East coast, but it quickly deflated my reasoning. I, being the ever optimist, explained that it was going to be warmer this weekend. They didn't buy that either. In one explanation, I went on to describe how when a person goes running it feels 20 degrees warmer than the actual temperature. As her eyes started to glaze over I knew that must not be the approach. After attempting to help co-workers understand I conceded defeat, but the one thing I do know is if it really is in the mid-50's this weekend I will running in shorts.

Here is my "Welcome Spring" picture dedication:
Pre-Workout/Pre-Dedication
Half way there!
Just about done!
Post 10 mile run on Sunday. It was kind of cold, but I am welcoming Spring with open arms.

No comments: