Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July Fireworks


So, I was sitting outside on the sidewalk, with friends, watching the town fireworks. My friends were deep in conversation, about how English theory could be applied to the burning display, as I sit there thinking about others points of view of the fireworks. As a person looks at the fireworks they see their version of things and it becomes two dimensional internally.

Although that is the perspective of a spectator in the crowd, I wonder what the perspective would be like from just below the fireworks where they are thrust into the air. Another perspective would be from the air, such as a plane. In the plane instance you could see the fireworks shooting up at you and then exploding. A person would probably see more than just one fireworks display. The next step is to the astronauts. I have heard stories that they can see California fires quite well, so, why not fireworks. In theory they would have 4 hours straight of fireworks going off, assuming they were in geosynchronous orbit. If there are aliens then they must think every 365 "Earth days" a certain part of this planet is playing host to a "massive" battle.

1 comment:

G said...

I hate to admit that we did actually theorize the fireworks, but I wish we'd had the alien conversation :)